Welcome Desk Intern is responsible for welcoming and orienting visitors in a friendly and positive manner, ensuring their experience at Hayy is smooth and inviting.
The Intern reports to the Visitor Experience Coordinator
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet visitors, answer questions, and assist in wayfinding across all Hayy Spaces
- Coordinate Hayy tours and be prepared to guide visitors through exhibitions
- Deliver up-to date information regarding all programming at Hayy
- Screen phone calls and respond promptly and professionally.
- Monitor and assist visitors in the Art Jameel Shop corner and ring up sales in the future
- Liaison with guards regarding security issues
- Maintain supply of maps, galleries guides, and other print material at the welcome desk.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- University student or recent graduate
- Available for a full-time 3-month internship.
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative
- Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and a positive and welcoming attitude.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- English and Arabic fluency
- Drivers license is a plus
- Visitors registration
- Visitors briefings
- Keeping record of complaints and incidents and channel it to AJ team
- Keeping the WD and entrance representable
- Receive notes from security and channel it to AJ focal point
- Count visitors and update the attendance sheet
- Keep record of all requests and suggestions
- Make sure of booklets stock and maintenance of the QR codes
- Daily/weekly briefing with Visitors Experience Coordinator
- Keep track and reinforce Covid-19 precautionary measures
- Make sure the exhibitions are in shape before and after opening (a walk through before opening)
- Receive calls and keep record of them
- Make sure that each visitor is registered to visit the exhibitions
- Make sure that visitors flow is smooth and controlled especially during the weekend
- Make sure that all exhibitions guidelines are applied
- Working hours from (12 pm – 8 pm)
- Working days: 5 days a week, including weekends
Conditions of Work
- 3-month internship based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah
- Weekend work with Tuesday and Wednesday being the days off