The Community Programmes Senior Manager is based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah. This role takes on the responsibility of fostering a dynamic and vibrant community at Hayy Jameel through planning, developing and delivering diverse programmes and events that engage a wide public. This role focuses on delivering programmes and events that nurture emerging creatives across different disciplines (from music to performing arts, film and dance) as well as cultivating relationships with collaborators, like minded-partners and Hayy’s Residents to deliver joint programmes that reveal connections between the arts and other disciplines and introduce Hayy Jameel’s audiences to a rich and engaging programme.
The Hayy Jameel Programmes Senior Manager will work alongside Exhibitions and Learning colleagues to support and encourage deeper engagement with Exhibitions and Learning content, while devising and delivering large scale events that engage a wide set of audiences and touch on different art forms. Events and programmes will primarily be set at Fenaa Hayy, the complex’s multidisciplinary space and Saha, the central courtyard. Candidates should have knowledge and experience of project management; producing events, preferably in Saudi; and an awareness and some knowledge of communications strategies. A strong level of both Arabic and English is preferred.
Responsibilities and duties
Manage Hayy’s events calendar and lead the development of flagship community events and programmes
- Contribute to shaping Hayy Jameel’s programming strategy for year-round festivals events and performances
- Research, plan, produce and deliver events such as seasonal markets, festivals, and music concerts that engage a wide variety of audiences while nurturing young creative talent
- Research, plan and develop programmes and events in collaboration with AJ’s Cinema, Learning and Exhibitions teams and and Hayy’s Residents in a thoughtful way that incorporates shared thematics and curatorial concerns
- Identify outreach objectives together with the communications team and and devise
- Together with the Visitor Experience Coordinator, establish Hayy’s visitor experience strategy that delivers on both outreach and experience objectives
- programmes and events that contribute towards achieving audience targets
- Coordinate with the operations team on events set up and related run-of-show activities
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with like-minded organisations from government institutions, and diplomatic cultural organisations through to grassroots initiatives and groups
- Where required, draft, edit and proof collateral for events, including copy for websites, press releases and other communication channels.
Administration and Management
- Take on administration-‐related tasks and projects, when required
- Lead on the development of annual budgets for events and programmes
- Manage the financial administration of programmes and events related spending, including the overseeing the processing of invoices, receipts and contracts
- With the support of the legal team, draft and finalise contracts with partners and suppliers where necessary
- Update project budgets regularly in discussion with the Senior Team
- Foster good working systems with finance in regards to managing and reporting on exhibition expenditure
Qualifications and past experience
- More than 5 years of management experience involving running events or community initiatives at a reputable organisation preferably in a creative field
- Natural passion for community building and cultivating networks
- Proven experience in producing events and festivals
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, and be able to work in a team environment and manage junior colleagues including Event Coordinators
- Positive, resourceful, solutions- and outcomes-oriented; ready to embrace new challenges; and be able to inspire and lead a team effectively
- Mandatory: excellent Arabic; strong written and spoken English; an entrepreneurial, proactive approach.
Conditions of Work
- This is a full-time position based in Jeddah, KSA, with occasional travel to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and elsewhere
- All members of the Art Jameel team take shifts on the Welcome Desk (at least 1 day every 2-3 weeks)
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to events and programmes is as required
- Full health & dental insurance
- 25 days annual leave