Art Jameel supports artists and creative communities. The organisation’s programmes foster the role of the arts in building open, connected communities; at a time of flux and dramatic societal shifts, this role is understood as more crucial than ever. Jameel Arts Centre, an innovative contemporary institution in Dubai, UAE, opened on November 11, 2018; Hayy Jameel, a major complex for the creative industries in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, launched on December 6, 2021. Art Jameel’s model is collaborative: major institutional partners include Delfina Foundation, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Prince’s Foundation School of Traditional Arts and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Locally, the organisation works with individuals and organisations to develop innovative programming that embraces both ancient and new technologies and encourages entrepreneurship and the development of cultural networks. Art Jameel is positioned alongside Community Jameel, and complements its sister organisation’s work in promoting positive social change, job creation and poverty alleviation across the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
A major component of Hayy Jameel is its central cinema complex Hayy Cinema, designed to be a leading picture house for Saudi Arabia, with a particular focus on international independent cinema, Arab (including Saudi) filmmaking, documentaries and film events. Hayy Cinema also includes a specialised library and screening rooms. The objective of Hayy Cinema is to provide a platform for Saudi filmmakers to research, learn, produce and show their films and for audiences to experience high quality regional and international independent film. The design and function of the space was developed based on interviews and focus groups held with the Saudi film community (currently under construction; design process led by architects Bricklab).
We are seeking a diligent, bilingual (English/Arabic) Senior Accountant who will be part of the Jeddah-based finance team. The senior accountant will prepare and post journal entries, payment vouchers, bank reconciliations and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable, and performing stock count, cash count in different departments. The accountant will also be responsible for Hayy retail shop and Cinema related matters such as maintaining a proper control on the stock additions and disposal via the shop system as well as the invoicing procedures from the point of sale system along with the daily sales reconciliation and monitoring the e-invoicing process in coordination with the Finance manager.
Reports to Shahbaz Shaikh, Finance Manager
Senior Accountant responsibilities:
- Overall control and follow up of stock control, purchases, retail sales processing and physical count procedures of Art Jameel Shop
- Overall control and follow up of receivables as well as other accounts and comparison with supporting documents at month-ends (detailed A/R schedules, Aging analysis, schedules of computations etc.) and follow up on collection and provision.
- Overall Control over fixed assets movement in line with the approved budget.
- Mastering local accounting standards, IFRS, Tax and other laws in KSA.
- Reporting and analysis of irregularities, misstatements, and abnormalities with the finance manager.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of the weekly cash movement report.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of Monthly reconciliation statements and follow up on outstanding reconciling items.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of monthly closing and reporting of accounts as per setup deadlines.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of Financial Statements & Reporting Package designed by HO Finance.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of the tax returns (including VAT, withholding tax and zakat returns)
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of annual closing and audit files.
- Assist the finance manager in the preparation of annual budget and along with supporting schedules.
Senior Accountant requirements:
- University degree equivalent to a Bachelor of Science – Business, with an emphasis in accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Finance / Internal Audit with a reputable company OR external auditing in an Audit firm (Big 4 type).
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience and ability to work on overseeing sales and revenues streamlining process.
- Analytical approach and ability to identify problems or errors in documentation and suggest improvements or solutions.
- High level of organization skills range of clients, handling various documents and accurate record keeping.
- Knowledge of programmes such as Microsoft Excel and accounting software systems.
- Communication skills and ability to discuss reports or data trends.
- Aware of the tax laws and regulations in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in MDS 365 ERP system or any similar accounting ERP solutions.
- Good experience in e-invoicing procedures within the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in handling daily sales and generating sales reports from the POS software applications.
Conditions of Work
- This is a full-time position based in Jeddah, KSA.
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to workload might be required.
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- 25 days annual leave
Deadline to apply
- November 5, 2022