Hayy Jameel is Jeddah’s dedicated home for the arts. It is developed and managed by Art Jameel. Hayy references an Arabic word for neighbourhood, denoting the convivial and collaborative nature of the complex and its intent on bringing together a wide range of creative disciplines in one destination.It is the place where you meet artists from diverse backgrounds. It is a community of creatives, a home dedicated for the artists and art lovers! Since opening its doors to the public in December 2021, Hayy has hosted over 7 exhibitions, 30 workshops, 4 music performances and various other events.
Art Jameel is looking for interns to join its Learning Department internship between November 2022 and January 2023. The internship provides a well- rounded work experience for those interested in developing interpersonal and facilitation skills as well as obtaining an introduction to the fields of arts and culture, from a variety of perspectives. The primary focus of this role is to support in the organisation, development and implementation of learning programmes taking place at Hayy Jameel.
- Opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and gain practical experience within an internationally renowned arts organisation
- Exposure to multiple leading creative organisations in Saudi Arabia
- Opportunity to hone public speaking and, front-facing skills
- Gain knowledge about gallery etiquette and art work presentation
The Intern reports to the Learning Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist learning manager in the development and organization of learning programmes.
- Oversee the set-up of various workshops and assist in their facilitation.
- Engage children and family in various activities, workshops, and drop-in zones.
- Support with administrative processing of instructors and participants and follow-up on payments in collaboration with the Art Jameel finance team.
- Conduct Hayy Arts tours for visiting children, families, and schools, and walk them through learning kits and related activities.
- Actively monitor learning updates and ensure they are reflected on the Hayy Jameel website in collaboration with the communications team.
- Other duties as management deems fit
Qualifications and Experience
- University student or recent graduate
- Available full-time during the internship
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative
- Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and a positive and welcoming attitude.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- Fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
- 3 months paid work experience based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah
- Weekend shifts are expected with lieu days provided midweek