Art Jameel is seeking a passionate Learning Assistant based in Riyadh to facilitate children’s workshops and coordinate with artists and instructors on delivering educational programmes. The Learning Assistant will be the main liaison responsible for procuring materials, setting up and cleaning up workshop spaces, and engaging with children and families.
The Learning Assistant reports to the Learning Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage with visiting children and families and facilitate workshops prepared by the Learning team based on exhibition learning kits.
- Procure all materials needed for workshops and conduct any preparations needed.
- Liaising with artists and instructors and supporting the implementation of all programmes.
- Support with administrative processing of instructors including filing agreements and following-up on payments in collaboration with the Art Jameel’s legal and finance teams.
- Other duties as management deems fit
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree preferably in education, Curatorial Studies, Museum Studies, or Child Development
- Open to collaboration and working with educators and artists across different institutions
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), and organisation skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- English and Arabic fluency
- Drivers licence is a plus
Conditions of Work
- This is a part-time fixed-term position based in Riyadh, KSA.
- Weekend and evening work expected as per scheduled programme.