Hayy Jameel, Art Jameel’s flagship project in Saudi Arabia, launched in December 2021 as a dynamic, 17,000-square-meter, multidisciplinary arts hub and quickly became known as Jeddah’s home for the arts. Hayy is home to several Art Jameel-run spaces, including Saudi Arabia’s first arthouse cinema, artist studios, a leading exhibitions venue, and upcoming maker spaces.
Following Art Jameel’s life-long-learning philosophy, Hayy Jameel is launching Hayy Explorers, an interactive children’s makerspace, featuring a year-long dynamic programme, encouraging young learners to freely create, experiment and discover new concepts, materials and techniques that correspond to running exhibitions, films and public programmes.
In preparation for Hayy Explorers’s launch, Art Jameel is looking for a learning assistant dedicated to supporting the administration and operations of the Hayy Explorers space, including staffing the reception desk, processing payments, managing inventory, liaising school visits, and supporting back-of-house organisation.
The Hayy Explorers Assistant reports to the Learning Manager and Visitor’s Experience .
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support with administrative processing of instructors and participants including filing agreements and following-up on payments in collaboration with the Art Jameel’s legal and finance teams.
- Conduct Hayy Arts tours for visiting children, families, and schools, and walk them through learning kits and related activities.
- Liaise with schools and educational institutions and build opportunities for collaboration.
- Actively monitor Hayy Jameel’s website and ensure learning programmes are reflected and up-to-date in collaboration with the communications team.
- Manage learning team’s storage, inventory and support in purchasing needs for the learning team
- Other duties as management deems fit
Visitor Experience Responsibilities
- Act as a focal point for the day-to-day operations of Hayy Explores, including ticketing and payments, assisting with young visitor’s drop-off and pick-up, and maintaining reception display and schedule.
- Communicate Hayy Jameel happenings
- Count Hayy Explorer’s visitors
- Create and share schools tours schedule with Visitor Experience team
- Oversee the safety of Hayy Explorers equipment and tools and report any incidents to the operations team
- Make sure that Hayy Explorers is well kept from cleaning to the organisation of the space and address any concerns to the operations team
- Support Visitors Experience team in registering, counting and surveying all walk-ins and share a weekly report of the data
- Screen telephone calls and respond promptly and professionally
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate or post high school diploma or equivalent.
- Welcoming, engaging, and has experience working with children and youth
- Organised and detail oriented with previous experience in administration
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), and organisation skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- English and Arabic fluency
- Drivers licence is a plus
Conditions of Work
- Full-time (5 days a week) position based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah
- Includes weekends and evenings as per the roster
- The standard work week for this role is from Wednesday to Sunday (with Monday and Tuesday off.
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to workload is also required
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- 25 days annual leave