Hayy Jameel is Jeddah’s dedicated home for the arts. It is developed and managed by Art Jameel. Hayy references an Arabic word for neighbourhood, denoting the convivial and collaborative nature of the complex and its intent on bringing together a wide range of creative disciplines in one destination.It is the place where you meet artists from diverse backgrounds. It is a community of creatives, a home dedicated for the artists and art lovers! Since opening its doors to the public in December 2021, Hayy has hosted over 7 exhibitions, 30 workshops, 4 music performances and various other events.
Art Jameel is looking for an Events & Programmes intern between October – December 2023 based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah. The role involves supporting the Events and Programmes team in developing and delivering events across Hayy Jameel’s various spaces. The internship provides a well-rounded work experience for those interested in developing interpersonal and facilitation skills as well as obtaining an introduction to the fields of arts and culture, from a variety of perspectives.
The role will entail working cross-departmentally to organise in-house community events and regular programming such as talks, markets and musical performances taking place during the winter season.
- Opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and gain practical experience within an internationally renowned arts organisation
- Exposure to multiple leading creative organisations in Saudi Arabia
- Opportunity to learn organizing events and programmes
- Gain knowledge about communication skills with the customers and booking venues
- Gain knowledge in administration work
- Reports to the Community Programmes Manager.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist Community Programmes Manager in the organisation and delivery of community events and programmes.
- Oversee set-up and logistical arrangements of events in line with operational requirements and visitor experience.
- Support with administrative processing of payments for artists, performers and participants, including follow-up in coordination with the Art Jameel finance team.
- Support in translating content (in Arabic) for events.
- Help in researching ideas for potential events and contributing to community programme development.
- Update the database with key information coming through general enquiries or research in relevance to community programming.
- Conduct Hayy Arts tours for visiting collaborators and/or organisations.
Working days: 5 days each week; including occasionally on Friday and Saturday (for Welcome Desk duties)
Qualifications and Experience
- Recent graduate
- Available for full-time 3-months internship between October – December 2023
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative
- Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and a positive and welcoming attitude
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- Fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
- 3 months paid work experience based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah
- Weekend shifts are expected with lieu days provided midweek