We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled AV Assistant to support the programming needs of the Exhibitions and Events teams. As an AV Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth execution of audiovisual (AV) elements during exhibitions and events. Your technical expertise and attention to detail will contribute to the overall success of our organization’s exhibitions and events.
- Hayy Jameel is a dynamic new building set to be home to multiple entities, run by Art Jameel and like-minded partner-tenants, and hosts public programming and events developed by Art Jameel that require AV setup and support. The AV assistant role is responsible for the design, development, and operation of AV and tech requirements for Art Jameel’s public programmes.
- AV Setup and Operation: Oversee the setup, configuration, operation and procurement of AV equipment such as sound systems, projectors, digital signage, microphones, and lighting systems for exhibitions and events designed by Hayy Jameel’s programming team.
Technical Support: Provide technical support and assistance to exhibitors, speakers, and event attendees regarding AV equipment and systems. Troubleshoot issues, answer inquiries, and provide guidance to ensure optimal AV experiences.
- Event Coordination: Closely collaborate with the Events team to plan and execute AV requirements for various events, including talks, conferences, panels, performances, demos and festivals. Participate in pre-event meetings to understand specific AV needs, provide recommendations, and oversee procurement and/or rentals of additional equipment when necessary.
- Exhibitions Coordination: Plan in advance with the Exhibitions team to understand upcoming exhibitions’ AV requirements that may require specially detailed configuration using projectors, digital signage, iPads, sound shower domes, scheduled media, speaker systems, media players and other AV equipment that may be required.
- Equipment Maintenance: Maintain and organize AV equipment inventory, ensuring proper storage, cleanliness, and functionality. Conduct regular inspections and coordinate repairs or replacements as needed. Keep up-to-date with the latest AV technologies and trends to make informed recommendations for equipment upgrades or additions that suit the unique programming needs and growing demands of Hayy Jameel.
- Documentation and Reporting: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to AV equipment, setup and operational procedures, troubleshooting guides, AV-event templates and best practices. Generate post-event reports to evaluate AV performance, identify areas for improvement, and propose innovative solutions.
- Content Management: Assist in the preparation and management of AV content, including videos, presentations, and digital signage displays, to be used during exhibitions and events or day-to-day digital signage needs. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and accurate presentation of AV content.
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Operations & IT
- Qualifications and past experience
- Expertise in operating audio-visual equipment and systems (sound systems, digital mixers, amplifiers, DSPs, microphone systems, projections, wireless/wired presentations, media players)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Calm, professional and friendly demeanor and a positive, solutions-oriented approach
- Strong work ethic, with excellent organisational and priority-setting skills
- Openness to continually sourcing and learning new IT and audio-visual technologies, standards, and setup
Conditions of Work
- This is a full-time position based in Jeddah, KSA
- Mostly weekend and evening work according to events and programmes as required
- All members of the Art Jameel team take shifts on the Welcome Desk (at least 1 day every 2-3 weeks)
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- 25 days annual leave
- 2 Revive days
- 2 Training days