This position is ideally suited to a bilingual accounting professional with 2-3 years of experience in finance or auditing. The Accountant will report to the Accounts Manager and work with various team members to support Art Jameel’s finance functions across the UAE and KSA.
- Support the Accounts Manager in the preparation of monthly closing and reporting of accounts as per setup deadlines
- Prepare Financial Statements & Reporting Package designed by HO Finance
- Prepare yearly budget and plan along with supporting schedules
- Prepare Yearly Closing and Audit Files and Analysis
- Control and follow up on receivables as well as other accounts and comparison with supporting documents at month-ends (for ex. detailed A/R schedules, Aging analysis, schedules of computations…) and follow up on collection and provision
- Control fixed assets movement in line with the approved budget.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements and follow up on outstanding reconciling items
- Prepare the weekly cash movement report
- Master Local Accounting Standards, IFRS, Tax and other Laws in UAE.
- Report and discuss irregularities, misstatements, and abnormalities with Accounts Manager and suggest solutions.
- Monitor the stock control, purchases, retail sales processing and stock physical count procedures.
- Responsible for safeguarding and control of company’s assets
- Prepare JVs, PVs, RVs, etc. that pertain to daily operations as per company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare stock control, purchases, retail sales processing and stock fiscal count procedures.
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Prepare bank transfers and follow up on executions with the bankers
- Ensure proper implementation of all policies and procedures issued and approved by management (For ex. Manual of Authorities, Human Resources Policy Manual etc.)
- Ensure proper documentation for all the work performed
- Suggest areas for improving work and strengthening controls without affecting a smooth flow of work
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, if required
- Ability to finalize work within tight time frame
Tax planning, Compliance, and Audit
- Support Account Manger with filing of tax declarations
- Suggest of new procedures in order to reduce tax implications
- Comply to tax and other regulatory bodies requirements for reporting, filing, audit, …
- Follow up on the preparation of the periodical minutes of meetings for GA, BOD and the proper and timely filing
- Review of contracts in order to ensure that it is compliant with the policies and procedures, budget, and local rules and regulations
- Coordinate with external auditors on the execution of Group Audit Plan
- Reconcile between Management Reports and Audit Reports
- Review and proofreading of the reports, Financial Statements, and Notes to Financial Statements and ensuring that International Standards on Auditing as well as International Financial Reporting Standards / Local Standards are followed
- Coordinate with HO management on the response to the Management Letter and implementation of the agreed upon actions
- Coordinate with the Internal Audit Division on the yearly plan and coverage
- Coordinate with HO management on the response to the Internal Audit Reports and implementation of the agreed upon actions
- Support other departments in performing smooth workflow as business partners without affecting the controls and as per setup policies and procedures
- Provide Account Manager with proper feedback on significant staff-related matters, work-related matters or issues concerning other departments’ relationships.
- Support Accounts Manager in the matters stated above and any other business matters allotted to him
- Suggest improvement and liaises and co-ordinates efforts with Accounts Manager in matters relating to any changes in accounting policies or procedures or any other work flow procedures and seeks Accounts Manager approval in this regard prior to taking any decision.
- Seek periodical evaluation by Accounts Manager and setting up an action plan to improve in the required areas through on-the-job training, professional training and qualifications, research, and self-study.
- Shares knowledge within the organization (We vs. I approach)
- Responsible for keeping high morale for all finance personnel working under his supervision and encouraging them to higher achievements and performance.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, with an emphasis in Accounting (or equivalent)
- 2-3 years of experience in Finance / Internal Audit with a reputable company, external auditing in an Audit firm, or similar roles within the creative industries
- Internationally Recognized Professional Qualification (CIA, CPA, ACCA, CMA)
- Proficient in MS office, ORACLE or other ERPs
- Excellent English written and spoken skills; Arabic proficiency is a plus.
Conditions of Work
This is a full time permanent position. In addition to salary, the benefits you are eligible to receive are 25 days annual holiday and Health Insurance. Phone allowances will be provided where applicable. The candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and evenings as required.
Art Jameel is an organisation that supports artists and creative communities. Our programmes foster the role of the arts in building open, connected communities; at a time of flux and dramatic societal shifts, we see this role as more crucial than ever.
Art Jameel’s current initiatives include running heritage arts schools and restoration programmes, plus a broad range of arts and educational initiatives for all ages. Our model is collaborative: major institutional partners include the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts; locally, the foundation works with individuals and organisations to develop innovative programming that embraces both ancient and new technologies, and encourages entrepreneurship and the development of cultural networks.
Art Jameel is positioned alongside Community Jameel, and complements its sister organisation’s work in promoting positive social change, job creation and poverty alleviation across the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai, is an institution dedicated to contemporary art and research, founded and programmed wholly by the organization. On the other hand, Hayy Creative Hub, Jeddah, is a home for the creative industries at large, founded by Art Jameel, where the organisation also runs an Arts Centre, theatre and other shared facilities.
For application to this position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV here. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.