Learning permeates all aspects of Hayy; from workshops at Hayy Studios to learning kits at Hayy Arts to apprenticeships at Hayy Cinema, learning brings together our community through a shared appreciation of the arts and a thirst for knowledge and growth. Following a lifelong-learning philosophy, our programmes seek nurturing artistic appreciation, skills, techniques, and critical engagement among all our community members from children and youth to art enthusiasts to seasoned practitioners.
Art Jameel is seeking a passionate Learning Assistant to work with our learning team on developing educational programmes and interpretation tools that deepen the engagement of our audiences with our exhibitions and film programmes, particularly amongst children and youth.
The Learning Assistant reports to the Learning Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the learning manager in formulating and delivering children and youth programming strategy
- Support the Learning Manager in developing and delivering children and youth programmes (including workshops, learning programmes and learning resources)
- Act as a focal point for the day-to-day operations of children drop-in spaces, and keep track of set-up, clean-up, and inventory.
- Support with administrative processing of instructors and participants including filing agreements and following-up on payments in collaboration with the Art Jameel’s legal and finance teams.
- Conduct Hayy Arts tours for visiting children, families, and schools, and walk them through learning kits and related activities.
- Liaise with schools and educational institutions and build opportunities for collaboration.
- Actively monitor Hayy Jameel’s website and ensure learning programmes are reflected and up-to-date in collaboration with the communications team.
- Liaise with artists, workshop instructors and practitioners as needed
- Manage learning team’s storage, inventory and support in purchasing needs for the learning team
- Other duties as management deems fit
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in education, Curatorial Studies, Museum Studies, or Child Development
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative
- Open to collaboration and working with educators and artists across different institutions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), and organisation skills
- Passion for arts and arts education
- Saudi Nationals or Saudi residency holders
- English and Arabic fluency
- Drivers licence is a plus
Conditions of Work
- This is a full-time position based in Jeddah, KSA , with occasional travel to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and elsewhere
- All members of the Art Jameel team take shifts on the Welcome Desk (at least 1 day every 2-3 weeks)
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to workload is also required
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- 25 days annual leave