The Communications Assistant supports the communications department in creating and publishing bilingual content with a focus on Arabic, including website and social media copy, press release, newsletter and the development of a strong visual library with accurate crediting. They will also monitor media coverage, attend both external and internal events for social media coverage, assist in the liaison between several departments to create communications materials, managing social media networks, updating databases for managing press, working with internal team members from the Exhibitions, Learning and Public Programming departments as well as Hayy Residents to ensure timely and accurate promotion of the various programmes.
Other responsibilities include helping to execute communications projects and strategy presentations.
The Assistant reports to the Communications Manager who is based in the Dubai office
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Communications Manager and Coordinator in the organisation of press projects, social media scheduling and posting, the website and all public-facing channels.
- Create and edit bilingual communications copy (e.g. social media posts, newsletter, website…etc).
- Proofread text in Arabic and English.
- Support the Coordinator in the liaison with photographers and graphic designers to produce content, as well as internal teams and Hayy Residents for data collection.
- Offer administrative support to communications projects including updating press database, media monitoring, sending invites, liaising with press, upload and crediting images in the Art Jameel growing visual library, support in filing legal agreements and purchasing orders issued by the communications team.
- Help to maintain website content with a focus on Arabic and assisting the Coordinator in ensuring the homepage is user friendly and provides the necessary information in the visitor’s journey to and through Hayy Jameel
- Help in researching, writing and editing content for distribution including design briefs and film scripts…etc.
- Assist the team in developing public relations and promotional materials including pitches to the media.
- Conduct Hayy Arts tours for visiting artists, journalists and collaborators.
- Working with the Coordinator on ensuring the Visitor Experience team are equipped with the latest information about Hayy Jameel programmes and producing bilingual scripts for guided tours.
- Supporting with on-site communications via leaflets and other printed material.
Skills and Competencies
- Detail-oriented, multitasking abilities and organisational skills; juggling competing programmes is common in this role. Hence, exceptional organisation and a keen eye for detail, especially in creating content and editing, is essential.
- Interpersonal skills: the Communications Assistant regularly interacts with multiple people, including press, internal team members and visitors.
- Strong bilingual communication skills: the role entails writing clear and concise press material.
Qualifications and Experience
- University student or recent graduate.
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative.
- Open to collaboration and working with journalists.
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), and organisational skills.
- Passion for arts and arts writing.
- Graphic design and photography skills are a plus.
- Saudi nationals or Saudi residency holders.
- English and Arabic fluency.
Conditions of Work
- Full-time role based at Hayy Jameel, Jeddah.
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to workload is also required.